Fuji Television Network Inc. was founded on November 18, 1957, and started broadcasting on March 1, 1959. In June of that year, Fuji TV formed a network with Tokai TV, Kansai TV, and Kyushu Asahi Broadcasting. In October 1966, a news network of exchanging news with local stations with the name of FNN (Fuji News Network) was formed.
On April 1, 1986, Fuji TV changed their corporate logo from the old “Channel 8″ logo, to the “Medama” logo used by the Fujisankei Communications Group. On March 10, 1997, Fuji TV moved from their old headquarters in Kawadacho, Shinjuku, into a new building in Odaiba, Minato designed by Kenzo Tange.
Since 2002, Fuji TV has co-sponsored the Clarion Girl contest, held annually to select a representative for Clarion who will represent Clarion’s car audio products in television and print advertising campaigns during the following year.
On March 3, 2006, Fuji Television Network Inc. consolidated “Nippon Broadcasting Holdings, Inc.” the broadcasting business of which was took over by Nippon Broadcasting System, Inc. 2 days before. On October 1, 2008, Fuji Television Network Inc. was renamed “Fuji Media Holdings, Inc.” (株式会社フジ・メディア・ホールディングス, Kabushiki gaisha Fuji Medhia Hōrudhingusu?) and the broadcasting business of which was taken over by “Fuji Television Network Inc.” (newly founded on the same day).
Fuji T.V., which broadcasts Formula One in Japan since 1987, is the only media sponsor of a Formula One Grand Prix in the world. Fuji T.V. has also licensed numerous Formula One video games including Human Grand Prix IV: F1 Dream Battle.